This week’s bulletin contains the latest information about Greece, Luxembourg, Spain.
Start date: 25 November 2020
End date: 28 November 2020
Hellenic Post ELTA (GR) wishes to share the following:
- Due to industrial action of air traffic control personnel, November the 25th from 06:00 local time until 12:00 local time, flights destined/departing to/from Greek airports will be affected.
- Due to industrial action of air traffic control personnel, participating in 24 hours general strike proclaimed by the supreme administration of Greek civil servants trade unions on November the 26th (from 00:00 local time until 23:59 local time) flights destined/departing to/from Greek airports will be affected.
- The PanHellenic Union of Licensed Aeronautical Telecommunication Officers has announced a 4hour work suspension on Friday, November 27th 2020 (10:00 -14:00 local time).
These industrial actions will affect both international and domestic mail.
Start date: 23 March 2020
End date: ongoing
Post Luxembourg have advised that, due to a second wave of COVID-19, new restrictions will be in place from 26 November until 15 December 2020.
Several measures have been implemented to ensure the safety of both customers and staff, including the following:
- Post offices will remain open in general, with limited opening hours possible, but some offices may be closed temporarily;
- For all letter-post, parcel-post and EMS items requiring signature on delivery, the addressee’s signature will be replaced by that of the postman/woman, together with the delivery code, entered in the presence of the addressee.
Compliance with delivery standards and deadlines will not be guaranteed.
Start date: 16 March 2020
End date: ongoing
Correos Spain has advised that on 29 October 2020, the Spanish Government extended the state of emergency first declared on 14 March 2020, until 9 May 2021. This could be further extended subject to review by the authorities. Due to the ongoing crisis, the continuing capacity and frequency problems with international flights, Force Majeure remains in force, and continues to impact mail processing and delivery.