We at Direct Link create borderless e-commerce solutions for global delivery. We know the people, the systems and the ways between.
The E-barometern annual report for 2022 is based on five consumer surveys and one survey with e-retailers in Sweden.
Fill out the form to order the report
Highlights from the report
Decrease in the e-commerce market
According to PostNord’s annual E-barometern report, the Swedish e-commerce market shrank by 7 percent year-on-year 2022. The total turnover for e-commerce in 2022 was SEK 136 billion, with two product categories – pharmacy products and fashion & footwear – reporting positive growth. The near future is difficult to predict. It will be greatly affected by macro-economic factors such as international conflicts, inflation, and cost of living.
The 2022 E-barometern presents three different scenarios for how the state of the economy might affect e-commerce in the short and long term:
- The tide will turn quite fast – e-commerce will slowly increase this year after a gloomy 2022.
- 2023 a year of pause – growth will be at a standstill this year, but will pick up speed again in 2024.
- A profound slowdown – there will be continued high inflation, high interest rates and high energy prices, and with a recovery first in a few years.
The report identifies some clear trends regarding Swedish e-commerce consumers’ behavior:
- Social e-commerce is showing strong growth. To browse and shop directly is becoming increasingly common. To understand the potential size of social e-commerce, one can look at the e-commerce market in the United States, which often influences the Swedish market.
- Influencer marketing is becoming more and more important for building brands. From a Swedish e-tailer’s perspective, the main value of collaborating with influencers is that it strengthens the brand.
With a population of 126 million, Mexico is the most populous Spanish-speaking country in the world. The Mexican e-commerce market has,