Logistics & Transport Manager – Shenzhen or Shanghai, China
- Explore and develop the transportation portfolio (Air and Ground) to maintain feasible options to commercial team (i.e., delivery accuracy, quality control, trading terms and times, pricing and lead-time):
- Airfreight capacity procurement process, e.g., setup new supplier contract, price negotiation, budget control, related vehicle tools and risk management
- Day-to-day air network maintenance, up to date airfreight market expertise in key export airports in China.
- Develop internal staff on daily logistics operations and monitoring system in the aspect of people, process, system, service quality, resources optimization, cost management and related planning.
- Monitor and handle daily China export operations, customs. Customer support and ensure on-time shipment:
- Oversees the manifests of routes and departures to ensure customers receive their merchandise in a timely manner.
- Oversees the operational teams (internal & 3rd Party) in counting, weighing and identifying items being shipped, checks materials against supplier invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar documents.
- Prepare and handle full set of shipping documents (e.g. I/E shipping documents, customs, freight costs management)
- Review & adjust delivery schedule on different routings to manage delivery costs, time & space
- Liaise with internal parties, 3PL warehouses, forwarders and overseas agents
- Review, plan and build the local & overseas 3PL warehouse and operation plan to cope with service requirements and commitments
- Lead process improvements to enhance service and reduce cost. Set targets, define relevant KPI’s and oversee performance for segments in scope
- Identify and assess new opportunities for the segments in scope.
- Degree holder, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, Operations Research or Project Management-related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in air network transportation, warehousing, or logistics industry with at least 3 years at managerial level.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Manager.
- Solid understanding of procurement management with proven successful experience in managing multiple international logistics projects, preferably airfreight-related.
- Excellent communication skills with diversified functional and local teams.
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin is highly preferred.
How to apply:
To apply, please contact Lisa Shi at firstname.lastname@example.org or +86 138173 52565.
About Direct Link:
At Direct Link, we are experts in borderless e-commerce solutions for global deliveries. We offer customized B2C delivery solutions, distributing e-commerce packages and direct mail to every address in the world. As part of PostNord, the leading supplier of communication and logistics solutions in the Nordics, we combine entrepreneurial flexibility with corporate stability.