Director of Operations – USA
In the Director of Operations role, you will be expected to be an integral part of the Business Planning Team (BPT) to build working relationships with airline, freight and truck companies to move daily volumes from production. In addition, you will be responsible for company compliance with Transportation Security Administration regulations and guidelines with Department of Homeland Security. You will also be required to follow instructions that differ from customer to customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily work performed by Production team.
- Lead changes in Operations for efficiency, cost and transit time improvements.
- Assist with financial analysis of company revenue, cost and other line-item detail to measure inbound customer volumes and outbound handling.
- Assist with the collection and measurement of transit metrics for Corporate Balanced Scorecard to initiate and manage continuous improvement planning.
- Coordinate with carriers on daily basis including escalated operational issues as well as RFP inputs.
- Maintain constant communication with vendors and carrier partners to review future demand and devise accurate capacity plans as well as negotiate agreements and rates.
- Represent the company as the Security Coordinator with Transportation Security Administration and perform all staff training and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Maintain logs of all monthly shipping activity and manage reporting mechanisms of data.
- Research market for alternative shipping solutions and evaluate for best pricing and service.
- Manage projects regarding technology improvements including Warehouse Management System, Order Management System, Label Generating Software Platform
- Interact with Commercial team to train sales staff on how packages arrive and move to final recipient including changing process based on new customer requirements.
- Create and follow through all BPT and Group initiatives as they relate to Operations in the United States.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Experience in PowerBI or some other object-oriented programming and data analysis program.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and charts.
- Ability to pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Secure Threat Assessment (STA) and Security Coordinator clearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with hiring, onboarding and building a team to reach best-in-class KPI metrics.
- Expert in creating SOP and improving workflow processes in a production environment.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions.
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results.
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow.
What we offer:
We are eager to attract the best, so we’re offering competitive/comprehensive compensation and benefits
package, and the opportunity for immense growth both domestically and internationally.
Please send your resume/cover letter to Christian Larsen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org